Keith King, 41 Team Owner, Pro Flatland
King, the leader & spokesman for the team, grew up in Chapel Hill, NC & currently resides just seven minutes from his childhood home in Durham. He participates in a discipline of BMX known as “flatland,” where all of his tricks stay on the ground. It’s actually the most difficult discipline of the sport, & he’s been doing it for 27 years. Keith owns the King BMX Stunt Show, a company in its 15th year of business, and travels all around the country with his team of ramp riders performing at festivals & fairs.
Graduating from Campbell University in 1993, King worked full-time in the construction rentals industry for 12 years while slowly building his stunt show on the side. In 2005, he was able to step away from his job and pursue his passion full time.
Keith was married in 2010 to wife Dani and has a dog (Truffle) & cat (Leo) at home. Dani works full-time for Keith in the business. He & Dani also run a festival in the Fall- BMX Fest.
- Keith King competed multiple times in the XGames, judged for the Gravity Games, & now runs his own contest series called Trans Jam (www.transjambmx.com)
- Keith is a talented sketch artist.
- He owns an exact replica of the General Lee ’69 Dodge Charger.
- He attends one of the fastest growing churches in the country, newhope church (www.newhopenc.org).
- Keith proposed to his wife using a helicopter, airplane, & 5 vehicles pulling 5 trailers. (Search “Proposal Keith Dani” on YouTube)